6.05.2010

6/5/2010 - It's time to study!

Over the span of the next 2 weeks, I have 5 final exams. Two math exams, a history exam, as well as science and French ones. On Monday, I have 2 of my exams; math and history. These are among the hardest ones. My blogs haven't been long or interesting lately, and I'm sorry but it's just because I am extremely stressed during the exam weeks. Starting June 18th, I will have no more school obligations for 2 and a half months.
That is when things are going to get exciting. ☺
I promised to myself I would write everyday, even if I don't have that much to say. So I'm going to say goodnight for now, I need to study, I need to read until my eyes feel like they're going to fall out, because I know it will be worth it one day. When that day comes, I will be grateful that I was disciplined enough to have the sense to study when I needed to. Exam week is when I have to show my teachers that I have been absorbing everything they said throughout the year, so that they will put me in advanced math next year.
About a week ago my math teacher asked me if I wanted to be recommended to scientific math for next year. I was so happy when she asked me, I thought I was dreaming. But you see, because I made an amazing effort to learn something I have absolutely no interest in, I get to be in a class where everyone feels the same way as me.
I don't know about you, but I care about success. I refuse to go through life the traditional way, settle down, have kids, become a grandmother....
That is not the life for me, and I would never be able to live that way. I'd be extremely unhappy. The thought of taking care of a screaming toddler at ungodly hours of the morning is enough to give me nightmares. How can I ever take care of kids when all I care about is myself? If you don't agree with me, you might think that is a selfish thing to say. I really don't care if it sounds selfish, it's who I am. Nobody ever said we were supposed to agree with everyone's opinions, but we do have a freedom to make our own decisions. This is my decision and I'm sticking to it. That's all.

XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.