6.09.2010

Bags, Bags, BAGS!






Fashion is something deep down in all of us. Don’t you love the feeling of walking around in a gigantic shopping centre knowing you can buy whatever you want? Don’t you love getting e-mails about amazing sales in beautiful stores?

I don’t know about you, but when I had a bad day, I’m talking really bad, I think about shops. And boutiques. And sales. And shoes. And where did that girl get those shoes?!

Okay. I know I’m starting to sound like Rebecca Bloomwood from ‘Confessions of a Shopaholic’, but it is something that people go through. Maybe I sound shallow and soulless for finding happiness in material things, but it’s my opinion. I have mine, you have yours.

One of the most amazing feelings in the world is walking into the pharmacy on a Friday after one hell of a week at school (and not in a good way) to see a new issue of Fashion or Vogue or Elle or Harper’s Bazaar, buying it, taking it home and analyzing every single thing about the amazing piece of fashion I have in my hands. I read every article, scan every photo shoot, soaking it all in. I’m looking at what I love so much. I don’t want to sound like just another typical fashion-obsessed teenager writing about her life. Yes, I do want to work in the fashion industry. I’m not an idiot; I know it’s going to be hard. But I want to be happy in life and I’m willing to work very hard to become somebody important; somebody people will call for advice and opinions about events going on in the fashion world.

Now back to what I want to talk to you about today.

Honestly, besides a shoe, the bag is the one other component that gets the most wear out of anything else in your closet. And, once again, a bag can save your appearance. But as much as I love shoes, there’s something more personal about a bag. Your bag defines you, just like anything else. Your bag carries all of your most personal belongings for you. There are different types of bags, though. We have a simple purse that can be used for everyday outings. We have the evening clutch used for occasions or nights out.

The bag that dominates all bags hands down, no questions asked, is the carry-all. The carry-all carries all your belongings, no matter how much space they might take up, while still looking awesome. I do love shoes way more that bags, but they are just as important to every fashionista.

Here are some of my favorites. As you can see, I love Chanel. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

XOXO,

Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.