6.10.2010

What is Fashion?

What is fashion? Everyone must have a different definition for it. It's only natural; everybody has a personal meaning of the word. I've looked it up for you:








Fashion can mean different things to everyone. Some people may agree with the definition on www.dictionary.com and some may not. Personally, I do not agree with the official definition. To me, fashion is a way of life. Fashion can be associated with a certain feeling, it can be the cause of emotion, and it can turn a bad day into a good day. My own personal definition:

Fashion:
Feeling
Fashion is euphoria.

According to www.dictionary.com, euphoria means: “A feeling of happiness, confidence or well-being, sometimes exaggerated in pathological states as mania.” I am euphoric when it comes to fashion. (Notice I didn’t say obsessed)It makes me feel happy; it gives me confidence and well-being. My parents might think I’m losing it (or flying off the handle, as they say) but it’s just an exaggeration.

I know that someone may like fashion but not feel as strongly about it as I do, and that’s okay. I never said you had to be like me. Either way you can’t, because I’m one of a kind. Everyone tells me that.

But fashion is not only euphoria. Fashion is inspiration. Inspiration to go out into the world and become someone you never thought you could. Fashion is motivation. Fashion designers use their love for fashion as motivation to continue making the clothes and shoes and accessories that they do. Without fashion, there would be no motive for anything. What’s the point of being a living, breathing person on this planet to go through life unnoticed and unknown? Everyone has their own form of motivation. I didn’t say we all needed to be motivated by fashion. But having a motive at all is the whole point. I’m just saying this because fashion is my motivation. Fashion is what pushed me to write this blog. I needed incentive, and I found it.

What is your motivation?

XOXO,

Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.