6.14.2010

Why do people rely on fashion so much?


People who don't like fashion may ask people who do follow fashion why they follow it. People who aren't fashion conscious go on and on about things like: 'It's a waste of money, it's stupid, just trying to fit in, who cares what we wear, I'll dress the way I want....' BLAH BLAH BLAH. First off, what you wear is important because making an impression on someone is important. Would you walk into a job interview dressed like a hobo?! I don't think so, and I certainly hope not. You would walk into a fashion interview wearing an expensive but not boring suit, looking like you keep up with the world, and therefore showing your future boss you will show up to work looking the way you are supposed to. This is not only about job interviews though. Just walking down the street, you should want to show people you actually care about what you look like and the clothes you wear. Remember, you never wear something that exempts you from the fashion world. Never. If you don't believe me, go watch The Devil Wears Prada. That is why I don't get people who say they don't believe in the fashion world. Everyone has a piece of fashion inside them, no matter what they say. Personally, I rely on fashion because I already told you, it makes me feel euphoric. Simple theory: People like being happy. Fashion makes people happy. People like fashion. I think that's enough venting for now, I'll keep all my annoying thoughts to myself. ☺

XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.