7.17.2010

I'm the Devil and I like to Wear Prada

Everyone has a movie that no matter how many times they saw it, or how you can memorize the lines and hang on every word, gets better every time they watch it. I have two. P.S. I Love You and The Devil Wears Prada. If I absolutely had to pick one, I would pick the Devil Wears Prada because sometimes I’m not in the mood to watch something as sad and tragic as P.S. I Love You. When I have absolutely nothing else to do and I have the house to myself, that’s what I watch. I can never get over the characters of Emily and Andrea, but most of all, Miranda Priestly. She’s so interesting! At the end of the movie, I always find myself wishing for more. I know the movie was based upon the book, by Lauren Weisberger. However, even though I’ve had the book for quite some time now but I had no time to read it during the school year, because I was too busy trying to get marks high enough for all the enriched classes of secondary 4, which I start in September. Speaking of which, by some kind of crazy miracle, I did get into all the enriched ones.

Anyway, back to the story. Now that summer is here, I’m very happy about not getting up at 6 every morning to sit in class for 5 hours every day, but at the same time, I’m faced with a large amount of boredom. I spent the last few days going through all my drawers and my entire closet, organizing everything just for something to do. Eventually, I ended up facing my (beautiful) bookcase, but there isn’t ever anything to clean on it because it’s the only piece of furniture in my room that stays clean all the time. With nothing left to organize, I began going through all my books. When I came across The Devil Wears Prada, I remembered saying to myself I’d read it in the summer when studying was over. And so that’s what I’ve been doing.
I love the story, I love how Andrea tries to fit in, and I love when she stops fighting it and finally wears Prada and Chanel for the first time. I love how she tries not to forget who she really is even though she has ‘a job a million girls would kill for.’ Every aspect of the story is written perfectly, and I wouldn’t change a thing. It’s very rare to come across movies or books you are completely satisfied with.

XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.