7.30.2010

The Job A Million Girls Would Die For

First of all, here is a fashion quote for you:
I don’t do fashion, I am fashion.
Coco Chanel

We all know about the job a million girls would die for. Andy Sachs, being Miranda Priestly’s junior assistant. Although it would be a pretty crazy opportunity to have a job like that, I’d be so very thankful for it. Miranda Priestly is a fictional character, but people with her power and influence do exist in the world, like Anna Wintour.

Of course, with that power and influence comes a well-documented ego. Through the years, Wintour developed a reputation for being aloof and cold. It has been said that she is difficult to work for, and insists that her staff always look fashion-forward and rail-thin. Wintour, a mother of two who famously wore Chanel micro-mini skirts throughout her pregnancies, doesn't exactly deny she can be a demanding person for which to work. "I'm very driven by what I do," Wintour has said. "I am certainly very competitive. I like people who represent the best at what they do, and if that turns you into a perfectionist than maybe I am."
One of Wintour's former assistants, Lauren Weisberger, wrote The Devil Wears Prada (2003), a fictionalized account of her days at Vogue. Her main character, played by Meryl Streep, was a demanding boss not unlike Wintour. The book was made into a film in 2006, and Wintour turned heads when she arrived at the film's premiere dressed in Prada. This move showed critics and fans alike that Wintour was not without a sense of humor.” Biography.

The thing is, I want the job a million girls would die for. I’m just not sure which one to go after yet.
XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.