8.01.2010

Happy August!

I love August. Firstly, my birthday is in August, on the 22nd. Also, August is time for shopping. SHOPPING. SHOPPING! I need to buy all kinds of things for when school starts. This has to be a very professional year. I made it to enriched science and scientific math. There is going to my so much studying involved it hurts my head. Secondary 4, my second last year, starts in exactly one month, and registration should be the day before that.
I need to prepare for 10 intensive months of studying, tests, final exams, report cards, enriched classes, projects, presentations, uniforms, early starts, cramming all night for science and history, deprived sleep, memory aids AAAHHHHH!
I need to buy a new bag, I need to buy a new pair of shoes – I already bought a pair of Converse, but I need ballet flats, too – there is a very good chance the bag and the flats will come from Aldo and Aldo Accessories. I need jackets for fall and winter and a new vest to wear before it gets too cold. I have beautiful scarves to wear so I might not need new ones, but you never know. I need socks, cozy ones to wear in boots when the winter blizzards come around. Walking home in a sea of white, when you can’t see what’s in front of you and you feel frostbite coming on, the wind is cutting your cheeks and the snow is pelting your face, you’re slipping on ice that’s hidden under snow, you debate whether or not to get up, sitting on the freezing hard sidewalk with no motivation to move, except the fact that you have warm and cashmere socks waiting at home with hot chocolate…
Winters in Canada are brutal and very unpredictable.  That is why it’s good to be prepared ahead of time. It’s like a guessing game, you never know what you’ll see when you wake up in the morning. No idea whether to put on sandals or winter boots. Hello, global warming.
Anyway, so August is the last month of R&R until it’s time for school again. I know winter is annoying, but there’s something about it that I can’t even explain – I look forward to it and I have no idea why.
In the meantime, look at the best pair of shoes in the world from Sam Edelman
Here is a fashion quote for you:
In difficult times fashion is always outrageous.
Elsa Schiaparelli

XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.