8.19.2010

Marc Jacobs Resort 2011 + an early birthday gift!

Www.style.com is everyone’s savior. What would we do without it? I’d be pretty bored most of the time and then I wouldn’t see any of the new collections being showcased in places all over the world. BORING.
Today I decided to show you Marc Jacobs resort 2011. The show is full of suits, cocktail dresses, outerwear, retro styles, ladylike frocks, sweater dresses, lace, lingerie and graphic prints. It was so all chic!
Here are some runway looks:
All photos by style.com. Click for larger view.
Click here to see the rest of the show.
Today I saw this random woman walk past and it was incredible how immaculate she looked. Her hair was done, her teeth were sparkling. I didn’t get the brand of her very expensive-looking bag but she was wearing absolutely gorgeous sunglasses by Marc Jacobs. I was already thinking of writing of about Marc today, and then when I saw this woman it was imminent. I just had to. I couldn’t find her glasses on the website and it would be very strange if I walked up to her and started snapping photos of her face. They were probably vintage, which totally worked on her.
And you know what else happened today? I got an early birthday present. The actual day is Sunday the 22nd; not that I mind. I got a giant book called Fashion Design by Sue Jenkyn Jones and a $50 gift certificate to BCBG. The book - which I started reading and I love it – will last a lot longer than the gift certificate.  
Taken by me. Click for larger view.
The crazy little blue notes are what happen when I have no idea what to write about. You know how I decided? I asked my dad, who has no clue about any of the designer listed, and he just picked a random name from the list. Good choice. 

XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.