9.05.2010

By now you noticed that I discovered Polyvore and I’ve been having a lot of fun. I couldn’t have created an account at any worse time because school just started. So now while I’m in class I’ll probably be counting the minutes left until I can run home to my sanctuary. By sanctuary I mean the list of social networks to the right, and of course this blog.  It’s lucky that I like school, or I’d have some serious issues when it came time to take a little break from blogging.

One of the many little things I dislike about high school (which I still don’t like, even in my fourth year) is introductions. For some weird reason teachers think we like to stand in front of the class and humiliate ourselves by saying things like, “Hi, my name is Nina. I have one brother. My favorite color is purple and I like fashion.”  As if everyone doesn’t already know that!
This year the English teacher I got is new and never taught at our school before. I feel sorry for her because she has no idea what she’s in for and I really hope she doesn’t have a nervous breakdown - like many others did - because she seems nice. Her version of torturing us with embarrassing intros was to write a riddle about ourselves. You know the kind where you describe something and then write, “Who am I?” This was mine:
I have thick curly brown hair
I’m interested in fashion and I like to go shopping
I like to read
Who am I?
Someone would have to read it then the class would debate over who it was about. I was really surprised when everyone knew it was me.
This morning I had an attack of OCD and began cleaning through all my drawers. It’s amazing all the things you throw away and you don’t even realize.
I don’t know if I’ll blog tomorrow, since it’s a long weekend and I have the option to take advantage of my super comfortable unnecessarily large queen size bed. ☺

XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.