10.15.2010

Queen of Gossip

When I was a little girl and it was time to start school, for some reason, at 5 years old, I was absolutely intrigued by the concept of gossip. I couldn’t wait to whisper news about God knows what about people I didn’t even know. It all sounded like so much fun. Little did I know that my dream, as odd as it might sound, was going to be crushed very soon.
Within my first week of kindergarten, the teacher began going through all the basic school rules. While she was going on and on, another little girl raised her hand and said something. Our teacher replied by saying, “No. You are not supposed to talk about other people!”
Then I thought, really? Is that the way it’s supposed to be? Is this what school will always be like? How boring!
Like it stayed that way.
Then came the amazing invention of Gossip Girl. My life was saved, and the absence of gossip was restored. But of course, however fictional, this wasn’t the only juicy source.
What is this other source, you ask?
Don’t forget that I’m in high school. Everyone talks in high school. It’s all so great, except when it’s about you. But even then, who cares? As long as you know it isn’t true, it doesn’t matter. At least you’re on someone’s mind!
Gossip is sexy, gossip is good. Not everybody does it, but everybody should!

XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.