1.16.2011

2011 trends

Easy A was great! I'll definitely be watching it again.
As you know, I've joined the smartphone world along with 99% of the teenage population. Before it, I failed to understand what all the fuss was about. Now I get it. Very much. Words like Android and Wi-Fi and apps have been swirling through my mind for hours on end. This is where I can't help but notice the pathetic irony of the situation I'm in. Tomorrow I have to present an article all about the consequences of teens being addicted to cell phones, and that's what just happened to me. In fact, at the very moment I'll be presenting there will be a phone that probably costs more than the average weekly salary attached to my hip.
That being said, there are tons of apps that I never even knew existed... for free! Suddenly the world isn't such a terrible place anymore.

I downloaded a (free!) app yesterday called TrendTracker. It may as well have been created specifically for me, because it's perfect. I was looking through it this morning, and I found a few trends for 2011. I have to be up to date, don't I?
1. Minimalist volume dress.
Ideal for making a statement in a noticeable color, flattering for all body shapes and makes summer dressing easy. Seen at Costume National and Jil Sander SS11.
2. Bangles.
Great way to update an existing outfit, and the effect can be achieved through many different ways. Seen at Manish Aurora and Marc by Marc Jacobs SS11.
3. Neon highlights.
They radiate youthful energy, seen at Christopher Kane and Giles SS11. For those who aren't as brave, go for more more subtle accessories at Miu Miu.
4. Sarong pant.
Adds interest to a typical summer wardrobe. Seen at Marc Jacobs and Richard Chai SS11.
5. Geisha wedges.
I don't think I'll try out this one, but to each their own. Seen at Kenzo and Vena Cava SS11.
6. Multi length hemlines.
This on the other hand, looks a lot more interesting. Seen at Krizia and Albino SS11, I can't wait to try it out when summer comes around.
7. Novelty trench.
This established classic is updated for spring with more flirty feminine details; definitely an essential in the coming months. Seen a Gaetano Navarra and Junya Watanabe SS11.

XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.