2.04.2011

D day

Everyone has the day where it comes time to decide where you want your life to go. Technically, I didn't make the subject selection for seconday 5 yet, but today I got the list of electives that determine everything. I was pretty much set for taking physics and chemistry, but am I going to be a doctor? Am I studying the sciences in college? No.* Nor do I have any intentions to do so. I have to pick two electives from a list of nine. My preferences are English Literature and Italian. For several reasons: I want to be a journalist, which can eventually lead to an editorial career, and Milan is the fashion capital of the world, is it not? I have the basic conversational skills, but if I end up in Italy one day I need to be able to communicate fluently.
*Thank you to Olivia, who helped me realize the most obvious thing in the world.
Today's shoe is the Preppy Madras silk pump by Beth Levine, circa 1954.

XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.