2.20.2011

The March Issue

I've been putting this off for a while. Since I have no plans to do anything productive with relevance to school, I might as well review the March issue of FASHION before the April issue arrives. Gracing the cover was Beyoncé in a dress by Donna Karan.

The cover of Fashion File (which was all about trends for spring 2011) featured a model in a stunning red and orange dress at the Lanvin spring 2011 show. Among the trends were wearing white, wearing studs, wearing florals, and the previously mentioned Haute List.
Lanvin Spring 2011

Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Celine, Michael Kors

Balmain, Haider Ackerman, Jean Paul Gaultier

D&G, Etro, Oscar de la Renta

More details here.

In the beauty section, there were also several trends in makeup. These included bright lips at Fendi and dark lips at Louis Vuitton.
Fendi

Louis Vuitton
This summer there will be an exhibition called The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. I've never been so excited to step into a museum, in the summer, no less. This fall couture look from 2009 will be one of the 120 featured.
Jean Paul Gaultier Couture Fall 2009
Here is another shot of Beyoncé, accompanied with the article called Beyoncé Inc.


This is the bright orange skirt by Jil Sander from the photo shoot Saturation Point: the Future is Bright! I also liked the neon color blocking, with a dress by Prabal Gurung and shoes by Walter Steiger.



Here are Patricia Gajo's always informing Montreal Notes!
I was coveting these Jeremy Tarian sunglasses. Until I looked over to the other side of my room and saw the Giorgio Armani case staring back at me.



I really like this modern-based design by Ellinor Stenroos.
An early birthday gift I wouldn't mind recieving this year would be this Forte Forte top, just like Rebecca Tay.

The shoe of the weekend is the snakeskin-embossed leather ankle boot by Calvin Klein, circa 1996.
My legs and feet are sore from dancing all night in high heels. Just my luck, I have gym tomorrow morning.

XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.