3.20.2011

And all that jazz...

Last year the dance teacher at my school got us all to learn the Cell Block Tango from the Chicago musical. He made us watch the choreography from the actual film, but I'd never seen the whole movie until yesterday. Seeing that it takes place in the mid-1920s, the costumes were very different. But the presence of glitter and beads and rhinestone garters and red lipstick practically spoke to me. Every scene was astonishingly well-prepared and perfected. I couldn't do anything but sit in awe as scorned women shot their husbands, got away with it and turned everything into a glamorous imaginary jazz number.




XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.