4.26.2011

GAGA - April 25th, 2011

Today's shoe is the leopard-print sequined pump by Andrea Pfister in 2001. 
Last night was phenomenal. There are no words in my mind that can tell you how amazing The Monster Ball was. The entire night was perfectly planned, the only thing that remotely irked me was how long it took for LG to take the stage, but it was obviously worth the wait. Her opening act, Semi Precious Weapons, made enormous progress since least year. I enjoyed them too.
It's taking forever to upload videos on Facebook so everything will end up on here.







I don't know if the lead singer of the band suddenly became super attractive since June (although he really was, if you look past his glittering heels) but the people in the front row went absolutely insane. I swear, women took off their underwear and threw it at him. He laughed and kept them. I couldn't tell what most of their songs were called, but they've been stuck in my head all day. It was weird to be sitting the waiting room at the orthodontist and having the line "She wants free booze, no rules, and you" replaying in my head.









During the intermission every Michael Jackson song known to man was being played. For an hour. Every time a song ended, the crowd would scream for the one second of silence between one song and the next because it seemed as if the show would start. 
















I'm so happy. That is the only reason I have for venturing all the way to the Bell Center. Both LG and SPW  were open with the audience. They spoke to us like we were lifelong friends. We were told a million times how beautiful we are and how awesome it was of us to make them famous. Gaga's speeches are incredibly inspiring. Everyone threw her presents, including a book full of fan letters. She read one of the poems written about her and you could really tell she loved it. She picked up all the gifts, said she was going to keep them, and went backstage to drop them off in a growing pile and put on a new costume. LG is so heartwarming. At one point she stopped singing for a bit and sat down and stared at us. She had conversations with fellow concert goers and even found a creative way to tell us all Virgin Mobile will donate twenty grand to homeless children. How did she do it? She called one of us. The lucky one was a father of a two-year-old who was apparently her biggest fan. (Aren't we all?) He got to go backstage after the show. Translation: he had a one-way ticket to paradise.
I'm slightly upset right now because Blogger doesn't seem to be cooperating with my need to upload videos of her performance. Oh well. They aren't going anywhere. If they never decide to upload properly, I'll get some off YouTube from somebody who had a better view. This won't bother me. I'm still starstruck.
By the way, The Monster Ball is almost over. A new tour is being planned. She already told us she'll be stopping by again! LG didn't sing Judas because she didn't want to reveal the choreography until Ellen on Thursday, so be sure to check that out. (I definitely will.)


XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.