4.04.2011

Long way to go

On this very rainy Monday we have the metallic snakeskin slingback with wood and resin wedge heel by Diego Dolcini in 2009.
My 226-page fix arrived in the mail today, half destroyed. It looks like it was dropped in the sewer. The edges are frayed, it's torn and the colour is fading. It went through hell to get to me, but it's finally here and that is what counts. The May issue of FASHION features Daria Werbowy, LancĂ´me spokesperson, clad in a Proenza Schouler dress and Eddie Borgo necklace. Before I saw this dress, I was not a huge fan of lace. As of now, I'm a firm believer.
Maybe it was the weird weather, or the fact that it's Monday, but some of my recently thought of future plans seemed kind of negative. I'm rarely pessimistic. 
I know it's too early to say this and I'm going to sound terribly irrational and stupid, but what if I can't do it? What if I don't have the ability to become a legendary fashion (or anti-fashion) persona like her, or him? Odd, scary, unusual thoughts. I'm nowhere near it at the moment, but I already decided that I want it. (As if no one ever has those weak "what-if?" moments.)
Besides, Tiny Buddha already calmed me down with this tweet:
“When you doubt your power, you give power to your doubt.” ~Honore de Balzac
The comparing ends now. I'll be back to normal soon.
Ooh, before I forget, have any of you read The Perks of Being a Wallflower? Olivia is letting me borrow it and from what she told me, I have reason to be impatient.


XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.