4.06.2011

Loud

The shoe of the day is the leather cowboy boot with suede overlay from El Vaquero in the 1980s.
I'm terribly addicted to Tumblr. I'm also terribly addicted to shoes. So when I came across shoelust.us (which is also responsible for the red heels in the banner), two perfect worlds came together. A site completely devoted to lust-worthy shoes on Tumblr. Need I say more?
That was all just a long-winded way of telling you how I came across these babies. These Prada multi-coloured striped wedges look like a challenge. Whenever I come across a platform wedge, I'm too intimidated by the tallness of the shoe and the slippery, glossy floor of the store to put it on. *Wiping out in public is an irrational fear. But wiping out in front of the eager saleslady in your favorite store is not fun.
Anyway, these would fall into the too-intimidated-to-put-on-in-fear-of-falling category.
At school, the unthinkable happened. I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't a witness. I walked into my usually incredibly dull math class and I froze out of shock. The desks were made into rows, instead of how they are always placed: individually. Jim Carrey's face was paused on the TV screen. All the desks were decorated with paper plates filled with popcorn, pretzels, licorice, chips, jelly beans, timbits and cookies. I won't go into detail of the obviously positive reaction to this change. But what did my teacher admit?
"It's not because I'm nice. It's because you deserve it. You deserve something, you get it."
Long story short: lunch wasn't healthy.

XOXO,
Nina

*This in no way states that the heels literally flew off my feet in the middle of Aldo. Just making sure. I didn't trip, fly a few feet and grab hold of the shelf for support or anything.

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.