5.03.2011

Met Gala + Delikate Rayne

I'm so bombarded right now because my blank science review is still haunting me, I have to start learning my English presentation for Friday, last night was the Met Gala and there are red carpet outfits aplenty and I want to make you aware of a new fashion line for women. 
I hate balancing school and blogging, because I'm not one who has skills in moderation. Just a few weeks are standing between me and peace.
Today's shoe is the leather "Sword heel" slingback with exaggerated proportions by John Fluevog in 2000.
I don't know how I survived at the beginning of the year in science class. Last night I glanced at the review for what I learned last September, and as soon as I saw the words "Thompson" and "cathode ray tubes" I wanted to cry. I don't know what kind of immense miracle I'm going to need come June finals.
I wrote a descriptive essay for English, which I'll be presenting on Friday. It's a little long, so I'm thinking of creating a separate page here on XOXO, Nina temporarily so it isn't clogging up a post. Details to come. If I do put it up, I'll let you know on Twitter.
By the way, I finally presented those French projects. Lucky me, I had to go first and say both one after the other. 
It's pouring rain at the moment, as it will be for the whole week. I am dreading Friday, because I have to get fitted for next year's uniforms. At least this will be the last time!
Last night was the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Gala, and it honored the late and greatly missed Alexander McQueen. Thank the fashion gods for style.com.
André Leon Talley.
Anna Wintour is wearing Chanel Haute
 Couture, Bee Shaffer is in Balenciaga.
Blake Lively is wearing Chanel Haute Couture
 standing with Karl Lagerfeld in Tom Ford.
Tom Brady and Gisele in Alexander
 McQueen and Van Cleef & Arpels jewels.
Karlie Kloss in Dior.
Mary-Kate Olsen in vintage Givenchy with
 Van Cleef & Arpels and David Webb jewels.
Naomi Campbell in Alexander McQueen dress
 and clutch, with Fred Leighton jewels.
Natasha Poly in Alexander Wang with the designer himself.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is wearing Burberry.
Those are just a few of the many stunning red carpet looks. Photo source.
I came home to an email from a team of designers who just recently launched their debut line, Delikate Rayne. Their first collection deals with illusions and garments that can be worn different ways and display messages when looked at from other points of view. I can't get over how much I'm drawn to their pieces; they're lovely.  I'm astonished by how these are accents we don't see very often, or at least I don't. Either way, enough with this rambling. Just go see their lookbook

XOXO,
Nina

Disclaimer

None of the photos are mine unless they are taken by me and if not, there is always credit given to whoever the photo belongs to.